This series presented by Dr Laura-Maria Popoviciu, marks a new installation of works of art from the Government Art Collection at the British Ambassador’s Residence in Tehran.
In 1925, a Hungarian nobleman of Polish origins, named Tibor Scitovszky de Nagyker, and his wife Hanna, built and occupied an elegant villa in neo-baroque style in the hills of Buda in Hungary.
The British Ambassador’s Residence in Vienna opened in 1875. It has the distinction of being one of the earliest buildings constructed for that purpose which remains in use as a British Ambassador’s Residence.
In this blog, Dr Laura Popoviciu gives an insight into the history of the British Embassy in Paris during the 19th century through a selection of historical works of art on loan to the embassy from the Government Art Collection.
The story of not just one but three British Embassies in Germany and the art that has been displayed in them.