Muizenberg (Sea View), 2003
- About the work
About the artist
John Riddy was born in Northampton in 1959. He studied Fine Art at Chelsea School of Art (1979–84) and began working with Frith Street Gallery (London) in 1993. He received the London Arts Board Artist’s Award in 1997 and attended the British School at Rome on a Rome Scholarship and Sargent Fellowship in 1998–99. Riddy undertook artist residences at ARCO Madrid and Durham Cathedral in 1999, and won the Pollock Krasner Foundation Award in 2000. In 2003, he was commissioned with artist Rachel Whiteread to produce Room 101 for the Victoria & Albert Museum, London.
John Riddy (1959 - )
- Muizenberg (Sea View), 2003
- Ultrachrome photographic print
- height: 29.70 cm, width: 42.00 cm
- Purchased from Matt's Gallery, May 2008
- verso, along right edge: [stamped] PHOTOGRAPH BY JOHN RIDDY ; [inscribed] (JR 300.) "MUIZENBERG (SEA VIEW), 2003." 9/25 J.Riddy.
- Matt's Gallery, London
- GAC number