Wall-mounted sculpture, acrylic on m.d.f.2001
- About the work
About the artist
Sophie Smallhorn graduated with a BA in Furniture Design from the University of Brighton in 1994, but then started to make wall-mounted sculptures with left-over furniture material. She had a solo show at Colette, Paris in 1999 - the same year her first large-scale outdoor work was installed at the Comme des Garçons HQ in Tokyo. She participated in Painting Degree Zero, an exhibition which toured US museums (2000-2001). Smallhorn has undertaken commissions for Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London and made an installation of coloured flags for the reopening of Somerset House in London’s Strand in 2000. Her installation of coloured stripes has adorned the walls of two London Underground Jubilee Line escalators since 2004.
Sophie Smallhorn (1971 - )
- No 97
- Wall-mounted sculpture, acrylic on m.d.f.
- height: 6.40 cm, width: 112.50 cm, depth: 8.20 cm
- Purchased from Francis Graham-Dixon Gallery, January 2002
- verso on hanging strip: No 97 Sophie Smallhorn 2001
- Francis Graham-Dixon Gallery, London
- GAC number