1796 and All That
Image not yet available
- About the work
About the artist
Born in London, Chris Orr studied at Ravensbourne College of Art, Hornsey, and the Royal College of Art (RCA). He later taught at the RCA and at the Ruskin School of Art in Oxford. In 1971, he held his first solo exhibition at the Serpentine Gallery and has exhibited regularly at the Thumb Gallery, London. In 1998, Orr was appointed Professor of Printmaking at the RCA, a position he held for ten years. He was awarded an MBE in 2008 for services to printmaking.
- car, railway, train, horse-shoe, pliers, barrel, book, cricket bat, computer, fish, dog, elephant, cat, bird, dodo, parrot, turkey (as Subject), mountain, man, walking stick, wristwatch, toy, teddy bear, calendar, cuckoo clock, scrubbing brush, bath plug, mirror, fork, knife, bottle, colander, plate, spoon, kitchen sink, spatula, cannon, sword, cartoon, column, tower, desk, sailboat
- Materials & Techniques
Chris Orr (1943 - )
- 1796 and All That
- Portfolio Title
- Twelve Artists
- height: 56.50 cm, width: 76.00 cm
- Purchased from the Royal College of Art, December 1999
- below image: [left] '1796 and all that' [centre] 45/100 [right] Chris Orr 1996
- Purchased from the Royal College of Art 1999.
- GAC number