William Godfrey Rayson Masters was a Royal Marine and amateur artist. He may be the ‘W. Masters’ who exhibited one painting, titled ‘On the River Thames’, at the Society of British Artists, Suffolk Street, in 1866, whose address was then listed as No. 3 Edward Street, Blackfriars. Masters became a Second Lieutenant of the Royal Marines in 1842, First Lieutenant in 1846, Captain in 1854, Major in 1860, Second Lieutenant in 1842 and finally achieved the position of Lieutenant Colonel in 1871. Many of his watercolours were evidently made during his numerous voyages.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.