Perhaps we should have second thoughts on his vertical take-off….
Ink, crayon and gouache on paper19 November 1963
© Evening Standard
Image not yet available
- About the work
About the artist
- Douglas-Home, Alexander Frederick, Baron Home of the HirselButler, Richard Austen, 1st Baron Butler of Saffron WaldenMaudling, ReginaldHeath, Sir Edward Richard GeorgeThorneycroft, (George Edward) Peter, Baron Thorneycroft
- briefcase, trading stamp, money, social commentary, Secretary of State for Defence, bomb, missile
- Perhaps we should have second thoughts on his vertical take-off….
- 19 November 1963
- Ink, crayon and gouache on paper
- height: 44.50 cm, width: 53.50 cm
- Presented by Denis Healey 1966
- inside image: [top left] Vicky [centre] DEFENCE COSTS [bottom right] OWN YOUR OWN DETERRENT!! THIS TRADING-STAMP IS GIVEN AWAY WITH EACH VICKY CARTOON. IF YOU COLLECT 100,000 YOU WILL RECEIVE A BEAUTIFUL H-BOMB FREE! below image: [centre] "PERHAPS WE SHOULD HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS ABOUT HIS VERTICAL TAKE-OFF..."
- Presented by Denis Healey (when Secretary of State for Defence) to MoD
- GAC number