Elevation of the South Front of the Grand Storehouse at the Tower
- About the work
About the artist
- Elevation of the South Front of the Grand Storehouse at the Tower
- Watercolour and pencil on vellum
- height: 47.20 cm, width: 75.40 cm
- Transferred from the War Office, 1947
- The following inscriptions are written in black ink: Recto, above scale: "Scala Pedem"; below scale: "Johannes Hanway Engoneer[?] Dolmavit[?]" Recto, bottom left corner: "22" Verso: "Tower Grand Store House by Maj.r Hanway"; "Tower of London elev.[?] of/ The Grand Storehouse Major Hanway 1774/ X 51/4" ; "No.9"; "Bundle No.2". Two red "B.O." [Board of Ordnance] marks with an arrow on verso, one on recto.
- Part of Ordnance drawing collection transferred to War Office in 1855. Transferred to Ministry of Works, probably from the War Office, 1946.
- GAC number