Blue Column II
- About the work
About the artist
David Nash was born in Surrey and trained at Kingston and Chelsea Schools of Art. In 1970 he moved to North Wales, settling in Blaenau Ffestiniog, a slate quarrying village where he has lived and worked ever since. In his early career he also taught part-time at art colleges around Britain. Since 1982 he has worked extensively in Europe, America and Japan, preparing exhibitions often with locally sourced materials. His wood sculptures are carved by hand and chainsaw mainly from fallen trees, and he has also made sculptures that are incorporated into living trees and plants. In 1994 a travelling exhibition of his work toured Japan and in 2001 a solo exhibition of his work was held at the Nishimura Gallery in Tokyo.
David Nash (1945 - )
- Blue Column II
- Number 4 in an edition of 25
- pigment on paper stencil print
- height: 103.2 cm; width: 66.2 cm
- Purchased from Towner Art Gallery, November 2019
- recto: inscribed by the artist 'Blue Column II 4/25', bottom left; 'David Nash '18'
- The artist; from whom provided to Towner Art Gallery for 200 Seasons exhibition, September 2019; from whom purchased by UK Government Art Collection, 12 November 2019
- GAC number