Book (Portfolio edition)
Twenty page bound artist's book of ten double page screenprinted colour images, bound in grey cloth cover and contained in matching box.1997
- About the work
About the artist
A hugely influential figure in the art world, Michael Craig-Martin was born in Dublin, grew up in the United States, and has lived in Britain since 1966. Major retrospectives of his work have been held at the Whitechapel Art Gallery (1989), the Serpentine Gallery (2015), and the Irish Museum of Modern Art, Dublin (2016). His exhibitions have included large-scale wall drawings in the Museum of Modern Art in New York and wall paintings at the Centre Pompidou in Paris. He is widely acknowledged for his influence as a teacher at Goldsmiths’ College in London, where he taught from the early 1970s and remains Professor Emeritus of Fine Art. Young British Artists’ Damien Hirst and Sarah Lucas number among his former pupils. Craig-Martin was a Trustee of the Tate between 1989-1999 and was made a CBE in 2001.
- Book (Portfolio edition)
- Twenty page bound artist's book of ten double page screenprinted colour images, bound in grey cloth cover and contained in matching box.
- height: 33.00 cm, width: 54.20 cm
- Purchased from Yvonne Andrews, April 1999
- on colophon page: 30/150 / Michael Craig-Martin 1997
- Purchased 1999 from Yvonne Andrews.
- GAC number