Book (Portfolio edition)
Twenty page bound artist's book of ten double page screenprinted colour images, bound in grey cloth cover and contained in matching box.1997
- About the work
About the artist
A hugely influential figure in the art world, Michael Craig-Martin was born in Dublin, grew up in the United States, and has lived in Britain since 1966. A major retrospective of his work was held at the Whitechapel Art Gallery in 1989. His exhibitions have included large-scale wall drawings in the Museum of Modern Art in New York and wall paintings at the Centre Pompidou in Paris. He is widely acknowledged for his influence as a teacher at Goldsmiths’ College in London, where he has taught since the early 1970s and where Young British Artists’ Damien Hirst and Sarah Lucas number among his former pupils. Craig-Martin is Professor Emeritus of Fine Art at Goldsmiths; has been a Trustee of the Tate since1989, and was made a CBE in 2001.
- Book (Portfolio edition)
- Twenty page bound artist's book of ten double page screenprinted colour images, bound in grey cloth cover and contained in matching box.
- height: 33.00 cm, width: 54.20 cm
- Purchased from Yvonne Andrews, April 1999
- on colophon page: 30/150 / Michael Craig-Martin 1997
- Purchased 1999 from Yvonne Andrews.
- GAC number