Ah! storm clouds rushed from the Channel coasts
- About the work
About the artist
Born in London in 1936, Patrick Caulfield was a painter and printmaker. He studied Graphic Design and Painting at Chelsea School of Art, and Fine Art at the Royal College of Art. Caulfield started printmaking in 1964 and collaborated with key print studios in London. During the 1970s and ‘80s he also completed numerous commissions for mural, textile and theatrical set designs. Short-listed for the Turner Prize in 1987, Caulfield was later elected a Royal Academician in 1993. In 1995, he shared the Jerwood Painting Prize with the painter Maggi Hambling and received a CBE in the following year. His paintings and prints can be found in numerous public collections in the UK, Japan, Australia, Germany and Portugal. Two years before his death, he participated in a British Council touring group exhibition in South America. A survey exhibition of Caulfield’s work was held at Tate Britain in 2013.
- Ah! storm clouds rushed from the Channel coasts
- Portfolio Title
- Some Poems of Jules Laforgue: Edition C
- height: 60.50 cm, width: 55.30 cm
- Purchased from the Sho gallery, September 1998
- below image: [right] Patrick Caulfield 50/100
- Purchased from the Sho Gallery 1998.
- GAC number