Edward Eardley Knollys was born in Hampshire and studied at Oxford University. In 1936 he managed a London gallery in Brompton Road, Knightsbridge - renamed the Storran Gallery - for five years. After working for the National Trust for a further five years, he took up painting in 1949, after persuasion from his artist friends Duncan Grant and Edward Le Bas. His first solo exhibition was at the Minories, Colchester in 1960. During the 1970s and 1980s he had several exhibitions in London, as well as one in New York in 1985. His work has recently been shown at Messum’s in Cork Street, London and a number of his works were included in a touring exhibition of the Radev Collection at Pallant House, Chichester up to early 2012.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.