This engraving, after the work of an unknown draughtsman, shows the newly completed Custom House building from the River Thames. In the distance, to the right of the composition, the familiar structure of the Tower of London rises above the surrounding buildings.
The original watercolour after which the print was made is dated 1816 and measures 60 cm in width. It is now in the collection of the Guildhall Library, London. However, both the artist of the watercolour and the engraver of the print have yet to be identified.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.